Monday, April 18, 2011

Tavin/Fawn(6)


Tavin:
I didn’t even want to be here. It’s not that Anna isn’t a nice girl; it’s just that she’s strange… I still wish I could have been in a group with Jake and Miller. But noooooooooooooo Mr. Hawthorne just has to make things difficult. Though I will admit Anna and I have some things in common. It’s definitely not artistic ability though. She’s a really good artist, especially when it comes to her fish. What we do have in common though is that we both the ‘outcast’ of the high school society. I wish we wouldn’t have been partners though, it just gives John and his monkeys more reason to give me crap. I couldn’t help but grin at the thought of John with a huge bandage on his nose. It made me wonder if I did really have something to do with it. No thanks to the gym sub, Mr. Moore, oh and now his girlfriend, who seemed quite familiar but I only saw her from the distance. All lunch I saw them watching me. They would look at me then whisper something to each other. My arm was throbbing the entire time and my birthmark was glowing so much you could see it through my sleeve.
As I sat in Anna’s room I watched Melvin float in his bowl while Anna was in the kitchen getting something for us to eat. Anna’s dad was in the other room and I’m not sure why, but he gave me a strange feeling. It almost reminded me of yesterday when the two guys in black came into the bookstore. “Must be my imagination.” I mumbled to myself
A low chuckle came from behind me “Oh little Chosen, I knew I would kill you but I never thought it would be this easy.”
I turned my head and my eyes widened at the sight of Anna’s father in the doorway with a knife in his hand with a mark on the handle that looked similar to the mark on my arm but it was more of a compass shape with four points on it. “Mr. Lang? Um… What are you talking about? If this has anything to do with Anna, I promise I haven’t done anything.” I asked standing to my feet. He has gone completely mad!
“Oh Tavin, poor naïve Tavin. Don’t you see? You are vermin, no good on this planet so I plan to rid the world of you and your kind.”
“You’re nuts, you know that right?”
“Nuts I may be, but I can live with that as long as your dead!” He yelled charging at me
I managed to duck the knife and ran for the living room. If he was this crazy who knows what he might do to Anna. “You can’t get away that quickly Chosen.”
What the hell is Chosen supposed to mean? I ducked down again knocking down a lamp as I went. Not the time to wonder! I tried to read his thoughts but was unable to for some reason. It was as if a wall was put up to keep me from hearing. I felt Mr. Lang’s hand grab my shoulder and send me flying into the TV. I swore and tried to move away but I felt Mr. Lang step on my back, knocking me back to the ground. I turned me over and had the knife inches away from my heart. “Any last words Chosen?” he asked with a grin
Before I could say anything we both hear Anna’s horrified voice “Dad? What are you doing?”
“Anna I’ll explain this later. Now go!” he replied, inching the knife closer to me
Loud pounds on the door started from the front of the house. “Dad stop!” Anna begged
“Anna go now!” Mr. Lang yelled
The door suddenly burst open and I was shocked to see Mr. Moore and his girlfriend charging in. “Let him go asshole.” The woman growled
“Or what?” Mr. Lang challenged
“I’d listen to her.” Mr. Moore said from behind making sure Anna didn’t interfere.
The red haired woman grinned exposing her teeth which were now long fangs. It then hit me why she was so familiar; she was the woman from my dreams! I could tell by the black star at the corner of her eye. “Come any closer and I’ll kill him faster.” Mr. Lang said
She rolled her eyes at him then turned away “Okay then, if you don’t want to listen, I’ll make you.” She pushed Mr. Moore away and held a pocket knife to Anna’s throat.
“Don’t touch her!” He yelled
“Let the kid go then. Or your precious daughter will have to pay the price.” She threatened. I saw Mr. Moore get a worried look on his face but stayed out of what was going on.
“Fine. Just don’t hurt her.” He replied setting the knife beside me on the ground.
“Good, now get to your feet.” She ordered
He followed her instructions and then said “Now give me my daughter.”
“Whatever.” She said pushing Anna towards him. He wrapped his arms around her and whispered something in her ear.
I felt Mr. Moore grab my shoulder and pull me to my feet. “Mr. Moore what are you doing here?” I asked
“To save your ass, and call me Aaron.” He replied
“Sorry to break this reunion but you’re not getting off the hook that easily.” The woman said grabbing Mr. Lang
“Let me go!” he yelled trying to fight her off.
“Once a Retter always a Retter.” She said
“Don’t hurt him please! Anna begged beginning to run after them. I quickly went and grabbed her though. I know she had to be just as confused or even more than me. “Let me go Tavin!”
“Fawn…” Aaron said in a weary voice
She looked at him and said “Would you rather have him call his Retter friends and have them all kill us?”
He shrugged his shoulders “Guess you’re right.”
I turned Anna away from Fawn and her dad not wanting her to see what was about to happen. I could hear Anna’s  thoughts racing through her head  “I don’t understand what’s going on? Why did Dad try to kill Tavin? And who are these people?” I honestly had all the same questions
Moments went by when I heard Fawn swear and drop her knife. I turned my head back to her and saw a man standing behind her. “What the hell Spark?” Fawn said pushing Mr. Lang to the ground causing him to hit his head on the fallen lamp. Anna pulled away from my grasp and went to her dad.
“You can’t just kill him Fawn.” He replied calmly
“Why the hell not? He’s a damn Retter!” She replied furiously
“Kill him and the rest of the Retter will be after us.”
“Yeah, but if we don’t kill him the Retter will be after us anyway. So why not get rid of one of them?”
“He has a daughter, kill him and you’re hurting an innocent girl.”
“More like helping her! It will prevent her to becoming one!”
During this argument five more people came into the house. “Listen to him Fawn.” A tall guy with black hair said
“Shut up Sonic.” She spat
.” A laugh came from a dark skinned guy “Wow someone’s got her panties in a bunch
“Funny Chem.” She replied irritably
“Fawn just listen…” Spark began to say
“No, I don’t feel like listening. I’m going to go on my merry way now and you can do whatever in hell you want with that thing.” She said glaring at Mr. Lang
“Fawn,” Spark repeated
“No Spark, I’m done. You and the others can take care of this.” She said pushing past the others to get outside.
“Should I go get her?” Sonic asked
Spark shook his head “No, I’ll find her later. What matters right now is what we will do with Mr. Lang and his daughter.” He then turned his attention to me and Aaron. “You must be the one we’ve been searching for.” He said to me then to Aaron he said lowering his voice “ And you must be Aaron.”
“The one and only.” He replied with a cocky grin. “How is it that you know me?”
“That doesn’t matter.” He mumbled then looked at Sonic “We’ll take the girl with us. I’m sure Mr. Lang has already called the other Retter and they will be here soon.”
Anna raised her head “What? I’m not going anywhere with you!”
“Yes you are.” Spark replied quickly “Fawn had one point, your father is dangerous and we can’t risk you becoming one of them.” He motioned for someone to come forward and a small girl walked towards Anna. “I’m Tiny, you can come with me. You’ll be safe I promise.”
Anna reluctantly took her hand and gave her passed out father one last glance before following her. “Now, Tavin, Aaron, we’ll take you to our ‘lair’ as some of the others like to call it.”
“Uh no, I fly solo dude.” Aaron replied
I gave Spark a skeptically look “I don’t think so…”
To Aaron he said “I don’t care what you do.” Then to me “You’ll be coming whether you like it or not. We’ve been searching for you a long time and we can’t risk you being killed now.”
Looks like I didn’t have any choice…ƒ

“So you’re telling me you guys all have powers too?” I asked while standing in a large run down building
“Yes,” Spark replied “For example I can control electricity.” I gave him a skeptical look. He sighed as if he had done this often, he snapped his fingers and all the lights in the house went off.
“Show off.” Aaron said, he did end up deciding to come after all. Spark turned the lights back on and glared at him.
“Then there’s Sonic and Tiny who are brother and sister.” Spark continued.
Sonic stepped forward and shook my hand “I have super speed and my sister can shrink.” Tiny was still with a very shaken up Anna.
“Don’t forget about me.” The dark skinned man said stepping forward “Name’s Chem, I have toxic spit.” Before I could ask he spit at the wall.
“Oh super spit how cool.” Aaron said unenthusiastically
“Just wait.” Chem replied with a smug look on his face. Only moments later a large hole in the wall began to appear.
Spark began to introduce the next person but was interrupted by a woman with long brown hair and tan skin “No need to introduce me, I’m Twilight.” She said kissing me on the cheek. “My skin turns basically bullet proof.”
I nodded my head as she stepped away. I could feel my face turning red already. Spark shook his hand “And there’s… well I don’t know where he is but there is also Casper. He turns invisible.”
“Like Casper the friendly ghost?” Aaron laughed
Spark exhaled loudly “Tell me Aaron what is it that you can do?”
“Well,” he started, I then became very nervous as I noticed the shadows moving more than they should when I looked back at Aaron he was surrounded in them. “Oh and I have super strength.”
That explains the broken basketball hoop.
“What about Fawn?” I asked, Fawn still had not come back after she stormed out of Anna’s home.
Spark’s eyes darkened a bit “Yes, her, she can change into animals.”
And that explains her and the cat in my dream.
“But Tavin, you still haven’t told us what you can do.” Twilight said while winking at me
“I can read minds and sometimes control what others think or do.” I replied
“Ha let me guess… You sparkle too?” Aaron said while chuckling to himself
I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate. We stood in silence while they waited for me to say something. Aaron broke it though “I am an idiot who is full of himself and is a selfish jackass who cries myself to sleep at night.” He got a bewildered look on his face as we all started laughing “You’ll pay for that kid.” He said shaking his fist at me.
You know what? I might actually like it here.ƒ

Fawn:
I lay underneath a beach umbrella lying on a beach chair drinking a margarita (thank goodness for fake I.D’s. I tried to allow myself to relax but all my senses were focused on everything around me. Almost ten feet away I attempted to block all the other sounds around me and just listen to water of the ocean. It was quite peaceful, other than I hate water. I will not go in it unless forced to.  I couldn’t get myself to relax though my animal instincts always kept me on my toes and ready to strike whenever necessary. 
I was still furious with the group. How dare they? Don’t they understand what danger that girl’s dad will bring us? Damn, I can’t believe how soft Spark has become. When it was just us two we would have killed him without any question. But noooooooooo that’s just wrong. He’s trying to set a good example for the others now I guess. Not that I could really care less. I’m done with them and their camp fire gatherings while singing kumbaya and sharing their feelings.
“Thought I’d find you hear.” A familiar voice said above me
I sighed and lifted my sunglasses from head and looked up “Hey Spark, I wondered when you’d find me.” he was wearing his usual dark shirt and jeans. He definitely didn’t fit in too well.
“Will you get up?” he asked slightly annoyed
“No, I don’t think so. Now if you don’t mind I’m busy.” I replied putting my glasses back down and taking a sip of my drink
He grabbed my arm and brought me to my feet. “I’m not in the joking mood Fawn.”
“Then why did you come?” I asked “Because I quite enjoy joking.”
He sighed “I couldn’t just let you disappear again…” I saw him glance over towards a group of girls playing volleyball and saw the one and only Aaron watching them intestinally though I’m sure he wasn’t interested in just the game..
“What’s he doing here?” I questioned continuing to look at Aaron who was shirtless and wearing black shorts
“He insisted on coming along… besides that doesn’t matter! We’re having a conversation here!”
Aaron must have noticed me because he got his usual cocky grin and nodded his head towards me. but quickly went back to the ‘intense’ game of volleyball. “Fawn are you listening to me?” Spark asked waving his hand in front of my face
“Oh of course Spark, I just live to listen to everything you tell me.” I replied sarcastically looking back at him.
His dark grey eyes were full of frustration “I’m came here to talk to you. Not to get treated like dirt.”
I placed my hand on his shoulder and took a step closer “Oh Sparky you don’t even know the half of it.”
“What are you talking about?” he asked and surprisingly didn’t push me away
“As if you don’t know,” He gave me a confused look in reply “Oh Sparky you don’t understand it but instead of explaining it to you I’ll tell you straight up, I’m not going back with you.”
“Fawn…” he began to say while placing his hand on my bare side “We need you back…”
“Obviously not, if I hadn’t come back to you, you never would have come looking for me.” I replied harshly
He got a hurt look on his face “Fawn…”
“No,” I interrupted pushing him away “I don’t want to hear it. I remember perfectly fine the first time I left.” I hadn’t thought about that night in a long time. I preferred not to remember it. I can almost remember that night to the very last detail.
“Leave me alone Spark!” I had yelled at him as I stormed out of the lair
“Fawn just wait a minute and talk to me.” he replied chasing after me.
I had ignored his comment and continued to walk away as I tried to fight back the tears forming in my eyes. I felt his tight grasp on my arm that made me stop “Let me go Spark. I am obviously not wanted here!”
“That’s not true Fawn and you know it.”
“Oh yeah? Did you not hear what everyone else said? Because I’m quite sure you were standing there to hear.” I replied furiously
“They’re all just a little on edge now Fawn…” he said trying to defend them
“I don’t think this had anything to do with that! They obviously hate me and want nothing to do with me! So why don’t I give them what they want?”
“If you’re talking about what Twilight said it isn’t true.” He said looking at me with his dark grey eyes
“Don’t even mention her name! Once I’m gone you two can go merrily on your way. At least with her she isn’t uncontrollable and will listen to your rules.”
“Fawn nothing happened between us. What do I have to do to convince you?”
“I don’t care whether you did do anything or not. They all think I’m a lying bitch who should just let the Retter kill me.”
“That isn’t true Fawn! We need you!... I need you…” he said lowering his voice
“I highly doubt that. Now let me go Spark.”
“No, not until you decide to come back into the lair and listen to reason.”
“Dammit Spark I’m not going back. I’m leaving now and the rest of you can go on with your lives and forget about me.”
“Please Fawn.” He begged. That had been the only time I had seen weakness in Spark.
Back then when my emotions began to get the better of me my body did what it thought it should do. Right then and there I changed for the first time into my black leopard form. He let go of me quickly and stepped back “Fawn I know you’re still there. Just listen to me please.” Without even thinking twice I lashed out at him scratching his arm with my sharp claw. He now has a scar from his wrist to his elbow… I then, not knowing what to do, disappeared into the darkness.
“Fawn are you there?” Spark asked waving his hand in front of my face.
I shook my head then looked back at him “Yeah sure, now if you don’t mind I have a margarita and a beach chair to get back to.”
He grabbed my wrist and I felt a spark go through my arm. I rolled my eyes “What more do you want from me Spark? I found you the kid and got you another bundle of joy too.” I said looking back at Aaron
“I want you to come back with us.” He replied
“Not going to happen. I highly doubt any of their feelings have changed since the last time I saw them.” I said stubbornly while crossing my arms.
He let go of my arm and swore to himself as he stepped away “Why do you have to do this to me Fawn?”
I shrugged my shoulders “Oh I just do it for kicks and giggles.”
“You drive me crazy.”
“Don’t tell me you don’t like it.”
“I don’t.”
“Sure that’s what they all say.”
“Fawn I’m not leaving until you come back with us.”
“Then you are not leaving for a long time. I quite enjoy it here. The weathers nice, the drinks are good and the company,” I said pausing as three shirtless guys ran by “is great.”
“Fawn,” he started to say beginning to become very annoyed again.
“Am I interrupting something?” Aaron asked causally walking towards us
I smiled “Of course not Aaron. We just finished actually. How would you like to take a stroll with me down the beach?”
He glanced at Spark then back to me “Sure why not. I see no problem with that.”
Spark exhaled loudly “We don’t have time for this.”
“Oh cool it Mr. Electricity.” Aaron said with a laugh while wrapping his arm around my waist “Just relax and have a drink.”
I couldn’t help but chuckle when I saw the jealous look appear on Spark's face and when I heard him mumbling to himself about how annoying me and Aaron were. “So Kitty Cat, what was up with all the commotion between you two?”
“You have to buy me a drink first.” I replied with a grin
“I guess that could be arranged.”
I don’t know what it is about Aaron but he just makes me feel different, but in a good sense of the word. Aaron and I seemed to have a lot in common. Both of us know how to get a job done but we both knew how to have a good time while doing it.[
 

No comments:

Post a Comment