Thursday, April 21, 2011

Aaron/Casper (7)

As Fawn and I sat down at the beach bar I noticed how she kept on noticing how everyone kept staring at us.
“Looks like we’re the new Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie,” I smiled “Come on pussy cat your almost as bad as Spark plug.”
She sighed “Why did you come?”

I shrugged “To get the hell away from everyone else.”

“No kidding.” She scoffed                                  

“I mean the kid is a smartass for one, Twilight seems like a bitch, Sonic follows orders like an attack dog, Tiny I haven’t really met, Chem seems like just one of those people who get on your nerves by using big vocabulary, and well…Casper seems to be made up because I haven’t seen him once,” While on my rant I saw a small smile come across her lips “Is that a smile?” I chuckled

“No!” She said frowning again

“I think you were smiling.”

“Well you were mistaken then.”

“No…I don’t think I was.”

“You must be imagining things.”

“Maybe...but imagining is better than being crazy.”

“Is there a difference?”

“I’m not entirely sure…” I said taking a sip of the fruity alcohol drink “Anyways so what was up with you and spark plug back there?”

“Listen to me and listen very carefully,” she said leaning forward “I told him and now I’m telling you; there is no way in hell I’m coming back with you two.”

I laughed and raised my hands up in defense “Okay Ms. Grouchy Mc’grouch pants.” I shrugged “I really don’t care what you do and honestly? I wouldn’t want to go back either.”

“Then why are you?”

I shrugged “Maybe because I don’t have anything better to do.”

“What about your family?”

I shrugged “They’ll be fine. They went on without me for four years I think they can handle another.”

“You don’t know how lucky you are…” she muttered

“Yah,” I scoffed “I am just Irish when it comes to luck.”

The next moment I heard giggling and Fawn rolled her eyes. I smirked and turned around to see some of the girls from the volleyball game a few stools away from us. I smiled at them and winked and they giggled even more. I could hear them whisper about daring the other to get up and come over and talk to me and I just shook my head and looked back to Fawn “So you got your drink. Now what tiger?”

“I think…we have company.” She said and I turned around to find that the blonde had scooted into the seat next to me. I could immediately tell that her swim suit was too small for her and could also smell light perfume on her. She reminded me a lot of the girls I dated. The way her hips swung from side to side a little bit more than the usual, the way she pouted her lips out trying to make them look fuller, and how she would probably bat her lashes every time I spoke.

“Hey…” she smiled seductively placing her hand on my shoulder. Girls never seemed to care that I was already with someone else.

“Hey yourself.” I smiled back not pulling away. Hey it’s not like Fawn’s y girlfriend or anything so why should I hold back?

“So my friends and I were talking and…we wanted to know if you’d want to catch up later tonight.”

I chuckled “Is that so?”

She smiled, bit her lip, (and there was the bat of the eyelashes) and nodded in reply “Well I’m deeply afraid I’d have to decline. I’ll be leaving probably pretty soon here.”

“Oh…well maybe some other time then…” she smiled (but I could see the disappointment in her eyes) sliding over a napkin that had her number on it

“I’ll consider the offer.” I smiled and she walked back to her friends. I turned back to Fawn who was rolling her eyes in irritation. I just smirked and gave her a pouty look “Oh don’t be jealous I’m sure we can find you someone….here kitty kitty kitty!” I called looking around

She hit me in the shoulder “Screw you!”

I smirked “So rude.”

“Smartass.”

“OOO that one hurt pussy cat.”

“Will you stop calling me that?!” she snapped

“What else do you want me to call you? Doe de Doe? Or Do Re Me Fa So La Ti Do? Or maybe even Bambi...” I laughed

“Shut up.”

“ Aww, am I irritating you?” I crooned

“God I feel bad for the others who have to deal with you.”

“Oh don’t be like that Ms. Doe,” I smiled “I can be quiet fun to have around…Maybe I’ll just stay here with you.”

“No, you can stay with the others.”

“Why?”

“Because I’ll end up leaving you behind if you don’t go back with Spark.” She said standing up

“Well I’ll just follow you so you don’t.” I replied standing up and following her back to the beach

“I’ll just ditch you then.” She replied

I smiled and jogged up to her “You could try…”

“I don’t need to try.” She smirked

“Oh a natural girl are you now?” I smiled “Everything is just so easy for you?”

“Maybe…”

“And maybe not.” I replied

“Thanks for the drink but you and Spark are wasting your time.”

“Who says we’re wasting it? I say we’re making pretty good use of it…”

“And how is that?”

“Well we are talking to each other, so maybe you’re actually considering coming back.”

“I don’t think so.”

“I do think so.”

“Aaron!” She snapped stopping “Leave me alone ok? Just go! I’m not coming back and that’s final.” She said walking away

“Well if you hate it so much there then why did you stay in the first place?” I called after her

She stopped and looked back and walked towards me “Because I had nowhere else to go.”

“Do you now?” I asked and she went silent. I sighed “Fine, we can’t make you come back and maybe everyone back there is an ass but at least it’s somewhere to sleep right?” I asked and she just turned around and kept walking but I followed after her. I picked up my speed and stepped out in front of her making her stop and glare at me “At least you’d be with people you could trust though right? I mean you can trust them can’t you?” I asked her.

She glared at me for a second and then looked down and went silent for a few moments. She then looked back up at me “You are such a turd.” She said pushing past me

I laughed “So does that mean you’re coming?”

“….you’re lucky you’re cute.”

“So I’m cute now? I thought I was a turd.”

“Shut up.”

“So I guess Hell froze over then if your coming with us?” I commented

“Aaron…don’t make me tell you twice.”

“Who are you my mother?”

“You make my brain hurt.”

“Dang I was aiming for the heart.” I smirked and I coughed when she hit me in the gut

“You done?” she asked looking up at me with her cat-like green eyes

Damn she hits hard I thought and nodded in reply

“Good,” She smiled “Now let’s go before I change my mind.”Ë


“Can I leave now?” I heard Fawn ask irritably downstairs. So I was right about Twilight being a bitch. Her and Fawn had been at it for an hour but I had blocked out the first minuet into it. I was disappointed though because I was kind of hoping for a cat fight but it hasn’t happened yet. That would be entertaining. I leaned back in a lazy boy chair upstairs (everyone else was downstairs). I sighed in boredom and wish I could spin this chair around for something to do. We didn’t even have fricken cable here.

“God I’m stupid.” I said to myself and grabbed my cell phone out of my pocket….I then groaned in frustration when the battery was dead.

Damn phone, I really need to start charging my phone more often I thought.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and couldn’t help but feel a little tense. I then just realized that it was Spark “Room’s been taken.” I said flatly

“Does it look like I care?” He asked

“I’m not in the mood to deal with other people right now.”

“Yah well I’m not either.” He replied walking over to one of the windows that were bared with rotting wood.

I sighed “God there is nothing to do here!”

“Leave then,” He said “I never said you had to stay.”

                I smirked “I have the feeling you don’t like me very much.”

                “I don’t.” He replied simply

                “Jealous that Fawn listens to me and not you?” I laughed

                He glared over towards me and took a few steps towards me “I don’t trust you.”

                “And you’re jealous.”

                He let out a laugh “I’m not jealous, not of you.”

                I looked up at him and raised an eyebrow “You sure about that spark plug?”

                “Don’t get on my bad side Aaron. You’re not going to like it.”

                I laughed “What are you the Hulk?”

                He sighed and just shook his head and walked back downstairs. I smiled and leaned back in the chair “One point for me and zero points for Spark plug.”Ë



                I opened the door to where Tiny and Anna had walked in saw them look over as I shut the door.

                “What was that?” Anna asked a little frightened but I didn’t really blame her. Tiny just smiled though knowing it was me.

                “It’s just Casper,” She told Anna “Hope you don’t mind us using your room.” She then added to me

                “Casper?” She asked confused and she jumped when she saw me appear.

I smiled timidly in reply and sat down on the side of the bed “It’s ok.” I replied to Tiny

I knew Anna recognized me immediately though when all she could manage to say was “Magic boy?”

Tiny looked at both of us confused “You two know each other?”

“….We met during lunch…he showed me a card trick…” Anna replied

Tiny laughed “Did he now? Ha, He’s always one to show off his little tricks. A few weeks after he first joined the group he wouldn’t leave us alone until he showed us at least one trick!”

I smiled feeling my ears turn red “Sorry.”

Anna started to reply when Twilight’s and Fawn’s argument took to a higher level. We all heard something break and stood up and Tiny left the room immediately. I looked back at Anna and told her I would be right back and walked out the door as well. I walked up to Tiny who was standing by her brother while watching Twilight and Fawn yell at each other.

“We don’t need you!” Twilight snapped at Fawn

“Well it looks like you do, if Spark is so keen on bringing me back!” Fawn yelled

“All your good for is bringing us more trouble!”

“Yah and what about you?!”

“At least I didn’t run away like a frightened animal when things got hard.” She pouted

“You little-”

“That’s enough,” Spark snapped at them and looked over to Tiny “How is our guest doing?”

“She’s doing alright; a little shaken up still but I think she felt better when she recognized one of us.” She said looking over at me

I looked down not wanting to see everyone staring at me. I wanted to disappear and escape their gaze but Spark said I shouldn’t keep on doing that. He said I need to get over my shyness but it was easier said than done. I could feel as I “flickered” was some of the group would say for a few second but then forced myself to relax. I really need to control my emotions so they don’t affect my powers. “How do you know her?” Tavin asked

“Uhm…” I stuttered. The story of how I met Anna was that after I had gotten separated from the group; some people saw that I was practicing a trick call the coin walk (when you roll a coin down and up your fingers) and wanted to know how I was doing it; the group never notice that they left me behind. I ended up walking by the school when I felt my birth mark begin to burn. Spark had said that it meant that others like us were close so I went in and ended up meeting Anna. I had known she wasn’t one of us though when the burning had lessened a little.

“Come on dude spit it out.” Chem sighed sitting at his desk looking through papers

“I…met her at the school….a little while after…you guys….ditched me.”

“We didn’t ditch you!” Twilight said offensively

                I looked back down in reply and went back to just staying silent. Everyone seems a lot happier when I do. Spark just sighed though “Well all that matters is that you found your way back. Have you had any news back from Turtle?”

                “Who’s Turtle?” Fawn asked

                “He’s my dove.” I replied

                “You own a dove?” She asked skeptically

                “Not now Fawn,” Spark replied shortly “So?” he asked me

                I shook my head and he cursed under his breath and turned around. I had sent out Turtle a few weeks ago to go find others like us but there hasn’t been any sign of him since then.

                “Hey anyone hungry yet?” Chem asked looking up from his desk in the corner of the room

                “I am!” Tiny replied happily waving her hand

                “Yah I could go for some To Fu.” Sonic replied

                Twilight made a gagging sound and Chem replied “I’m talking about real food.”

                “To Fu is real food.” Sonic replied

                “No To Fu is wanna be food and I’d rather starve then eat that crap.”

                “Fine,” Sonic replied simply “more for me then.”

                “Are you sure he didn’t run into any trees while he was running? Any doors? Anything…oh I don’t know…solid?” Chem asked looking over at Spark but he wasn’t paying attention

                Spark looked over at Tiny and me “Will one of you go check on our guest and see if she is hungry as well.”

                I nodded and walked back to my room as Tiny followed me and opened the door little by little “Anna?” I asked and opened the door a little more to find cold air blowing into an empty room.

“Guys!” Tiny yelled running out of the room “Anna’s left the building!” I tried to climb out the window but cut my hand as soon as it touched the broken glass. I held my bleeding hand and backed up as I heard Spark start giving everyone orders to split up into pairs and go after her. As soon as I walked back into the room everyone was leaving except for Chem and the other guy that had joined up with us…I believe his name was Aaron from what I had heard the others say.

“Better hurry up before you get left behind again.” Chem said looking up at me and I nodded and headed out the front door. I saw everyone just disappearing into pairs of two when I made it outside.

Alone again I thought to myself and walked down the right side of the sidewalk. I kept my head low as I passed a few people down the street. I felt something light and wet hit my head and looked up. Another drop fell on my face and fell down my cheek. The next second it was lightly raining down. I pulled up the collar of my shirt but kept walking.

Run Tomas! A voice yelled in my head and then the next second I heard light footsteps but it was too late.

“Gotcha!” Someone yelled behind me and jumped onto my back. I disappeared immediately and backed up against a wall when I heard an “Umf,” and then laughing. I looked back and saw Tiny smiling back at me “Scared yah didn’t I?”

I reappeared and replied feeling my heart beating a hundred miles an hour “Don’t do that.” I breathed

“You have to be ready at all times.” She replied getting off my back and taking a step back

“Just…don’t do that again.”

She just smiled and patted my shoulder “Ok Casper, sorry for scarring you.” She said as she continued down the sidewalk. I took a deep breath and then followed after her.ÿ


A half an hour had passed with no sight of Anna. Tiny had a cell phone but no calls from any of the others had come. Tiny turned in a circle as she walked down “You see her yet?” she asked as she turned around in a full circle on her toes again. I looked around and shook my head “Ugh, we’ll never find her!”

I looked a little farther ahead and saw a glimpse of orange disappear around the corner….I think Anna was wearing a orange jacket. I started to pick up my pace and Tiny followed after me. Once we rounded the corner I saw that it was Anna in the orange jacket when she looked back and started running. Tiny and I broke into a sprint but she easily outran me even with her being shorter than me. I tried to pick up my speed to catch up to them when a car pulled right out in front of me. I stopped immediately and the car honked at me and I backed away and continued down the sidewalk. I watched as Tiny and Anna dodged into the street then and dodged the cars that honked at them angrily. I ran on the opposite side of the street and tried to close in on Anna, but my foot suddenly caught on something and I tripped. I gritted my teeth as I scraped my arm and hit my knee on the cement. I forced myself to stand up as my arm and knees join in with my already throbbing hand.

When I had finally caught up with those girls, Tiny was trying to reason with Anna who was trying to push her away. A few people gave weary glances but they just continued on their way.

“Anna just calm down.” Tiny repeated

“Let me go!” Anna begged “I just want to go home!”

“It’s too dangerous Anna I’m sorry.”

I walked up to Anna and said in a calm voice “It’s alright, your safe with us; we’ll take you home when it’s safer ok?”

“How do I know that I can trust you?” She asked me

“You don’t really have a choice.” Tiny replied

“What are you guys?” She asked

“I told you,” Tiny said “We’re called the Chosen, we’re….different from the other people.”

“How?”

“Well…you saw a little bit back at the house. We all have different powers. I for an example can shrink.” She said and immediately became shorter “And Casper…” she said in a higher pitched voice and then grew back to her original size “Well you saw that back at the house, he can turn invisible.”

I looked around before holding out my hand to her and before she could take it disappeared and she gasped drawing back. “Is…Is Tavin like you?” She stuttered

“Yes, but this isn’t the place to be talking about all of this. If you come back to the lair I’ll try to answer all your questions as best as I can,” Tiny replied and Anna looked down and nodded as Tiny wrapped her arm around Anna’s shoulder “Everything will be alright. Like Casper said you’re safe with us.”

Tiny then handed me the phone but I hesitated before dialing the number. I always hated talking on phones (I don’t really know why though). I waited a few seconds as the phone rang before Spark answered the phone “Did you find her?”

“Yah.” I replied

“Good, we’ll meet you back at the lair then.”

“Kay.” I replied and hung up. I could feel my legs start to feel wobbly and my hand, knee, and arm still hurt. I looked down at my hand and knew that I would probably need stitches. Gosh I hate needles, even just thinking about them made my skin crawl. I tried not to think about it though as we made our way back to the lair, all I really wanted was to go to bed and sleep the day off.ÿ

No comments:

Post a Comment