Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Spark 16


I hate him. By him I mean Aaron, he is the type of person I usually choose to avoid. I was so furious with him taking Fawn. What right does he have in taking her from me? We were having a nice night together it was the first one in a long time. We never spend anytime together and I honestly missed her. I would never admit this to anyone except Fawn.


The group all wondered why I had chosen to come to the local carnival. I knew this had to be one of the places she would go to. She never could resist a carnival. She told me once how she loved places like this. One reason is because she and her parents would come here when she was younger not only that though she liked to come here to feel somewhat normal. This doesn’t happen very often for us. Besides I think the others need a break from all this seriousness. So while they search for Fawn (which I doubt) I'd let them have some fun. I'm sure that would surprise everyone if I told them that. So I won't.


How am I ever going to find her here? I asked myself as I walked through the crowds all waiting to get on all the rides. There had to be almost a thousand people here which made me very uncomfortable. Anyone of them could possibly be a Retter. My mark however hasn't been bothering me too much other than how it usually was.


I noticed a large stand that had 'Kissing Booth' painted in large red letters. A line of guys were waiting enthusiastically for their turn. A girl with dark hair and one blond streak in it would peck them on the lips and wait for them to leave. Every man she kissed looked almost weak afterward but most of those guys were the types who didn't get the girls much so just speaking to one makes them tired. Yeah I know it's mean but it's true. As I past by my arm began to tingle forcing me to stop and look around me. I shook my head and continued walking. It was probably just one of the group nearby.


Fawn? I thought hoping she would hear me.


"Leave me alone" her angry voice replied


"Where are you?"


"Hiding from you guys."


"Fawn come on..."


"Just leave me alone! Okay?"


I could she was obviously upset about something and it wasn't just because of me and Aaron's fight. "Are you okay?"


"Do I sound like I'm okay?"


"Well no..."


"Exactly. So shut up and you and the others leave."


"You know we're here then?"


She paused a moment then replied "Yeah, I saw Aaron...” her voice was cold when she said his name. He had obviously done something now, and if he hurt her I will kill him.


Before I was about to reply her, I saw her familiar red hair ahead of me. "Fawn!" I yelled


She turned her head to acknowledge me but continued walking. Why does she have to make everything so difficult? I shook my head and pushed past the people lined up ahead of me. I ignored all the annoyed glances I got from them. "Fawn." I said grabbing her arm "What are you doing?"


She looked up at me and replied sharply "What does it look like? I'm waiting in line to get on that." she pointed at the large roller coaster beside us.


I tightened my grip "You're lying." I knew she was because she'd never get on a ride like that in a million years. She's scared to death of heights which surprised me greatly when she had first told me.


"How do you know?" She snapped


"Because I know you better than anyone else!" I replied putting both my hands on her waist


She tried to get away but was unsuccessful. She looked at me with her bright green eyes and I could tell she had been crying "What happened?" I ask "Did Aaron do something? If he did I swear he won't leave this place without needing a wheel chair."


"No! No no no Spark! Nothing is wrong..." she said shaking her head


"I can tell your lying to me though!"


"Think what you must then!" She replied bitterly breaking away from me.


"Fawn!" I yelled grabbing her again and bringing her to my chest. She pounded my chest for a minute then quit sighing loudly. She laid her head against my shoulder as I rubbed her back. I tried to ignore the sounds around us and just pay attention to Fawn. "I don't deserve you." Fawn whispered 


I stepped back from her, ignoring the people behind me. I was completely by what she said "What are you talking about?"


Her eyes were so upset and she replied while shaking her head "I'm sorry Spark, I'm so sorry."


I shook her shoulders to calm down "What did you do?" I asked shaking her slightly


But before she could reply we heard a scream of terror. This conversation would have to be continued later. I took Fawn's hand and we ran through the panicked crowd. "Oh my god..." I mumbled stopping suddenly. We were back at that kissing booth that I had seen earlier, I noticed someone lying on the ground. I knew instantly who it was... "Aaron!" Fawn yelled running towards him. "No Fawn!" I exclaim it was too late though. As Fawn crouched beside Aaron the kissing booth girl stood beside her. I then knew why she was so familiar. It was Jessica... I knew her before I even knew Fawn. I thought she was dead, I almost wished she was dead instead of this. On her arm I could see the Retter mark tattooed on her arm. I had tried to erase Jessica from my memory... Ever since the day she left me to seek 'revenge' on the Retter for killing her family. Me and her were never anything serious, just close friends she almost was like a sister to me, so when she left me I was devastated. I never told anyone about her. She has changed so much from the young girl I knew. Once happy and bright now replaced with hate and darkness.


I shook my head and snapped back into reality. This wasn't the Jessica I once knew, this was a monster. She must have seen me "Hey there John." She said mockingly. (John is my real name) 


Fawn gave her a horrified look then to me "You know her?"


Jessica chuckled stepping close to her "We have history..."


"Get away from her." I growled feeling electricity sparking through my body.


"Or what Johnny boy? It's not like you can do anything about it." She laughed lifting a kicking and screaming Fawn off the ground as if she was light as a feather. Did I forget to mention she can take the energy from someone else and it will boost all of her abilities? That would explain the past out Aaron on the ground.
"Jessica I mean it put her down!" The others were now starting to arrive. All had shocked looks on their faces.


"Put me down!" Fawn screamed. I could tell she was attempting to stay in human form with all these regular people around.


"Oh you want me to put you down?" Jessica said lifting Fawn a little higher so they could look eye to eye. Fawn's screaming must have been answer enough. Jessica threw her at least twenty away as easily as throwing a football, leaving Fawn lying in a heap of rubble. "Fawn!" I start to run to her but I feel the barrel of gun on my neck. "I wouldn't move." A raspy voice orders "Or you and you're friends will be dead even faster." The others as well had a Retter near them. A few tense moments went by when we all heard Fawn in the rubble; though she wasn't normal Fawn anymore she was now replaced by a large black panther. Fawn waited in her position though waiting for my signal. I turned my head towards Sonic who gave a slight nod. Thankfully all the regular people had gotten out of here and we wouldn't have to worry about them. I know the police will be here soon.


Jessica grinned at me "Should have come with me John, then you wouldn't be in this situation."


"Why Jessica? Why this?" I asked motioning towards the Retter


She shrugged her shoulders "More potential."


"More potential?" I repeated sickened by her


"Yes John, I left you in search of revenge but instead I find a whole new world of opportunities."


"They killed your parents Jessica! They are blood thirsty murderers!" I said trying to reason with her.


"When I found them, which wasn't hard" she added "they explained to me what had to be done. I was dangerous, uncontrollable even. No thanks to you of course." she paused a moment and saw the sparks coming off my hands then continued "But I guess it didn't hurt you so bad I mean look at what you've done for us. You've made our lives so much easier... Now John, you and your band of freaks will have to come along with us now."


"I don't think so Jessica... NOW!" That was the signal. I turned around and placed both hands on the Retter mans chest. His eyes rolled back into his head and he fell to the ground quickly. I heard another Retter man cry out in agony and a snarl from Fawn. Gun shots filled the air and Twilight exclaimed "Damn it! I'm so tired of you guys shooting me!"


Chem laughed as he dodged a punch towards his face "Deal with it!"


"Shut up Chem!" She snapped


It amazes me that they still argue at a time like this.


A little farther away I could see Amber attacking a woman with water from a nearby dunk tank. Beside her was Tavin who was convincing to Retter to attack each other. I couldn't find Casper and Anna and I prayed they were both invisible. I don't want the Retter to take her.  Tiny was surrounded by four Retters but I caught a faint glimpse of Sonic passing by them. Bryn had a group of Retter surrounded in a wall flame. Oh yeah and Aaron was lying past out on the ground.


I kicked a man hard square in the chest sending him flying to the ground. I started to finish him off when I heard the blast of a gun and had instant pain in my shoulder. I gritted my teeth and put my hand on my now bleeding shoulder. I turned and saw Jessica with a gun in one hand and the other she had Fawn by the throat (still in panther form). "Come on John, you thought you could beat me? Surrender now or your little pet will get her throat ripped out." I knew she could do it. She could kill Fawn in a heartbeat.


"Don't do this Jessica."  I say stepping towards her


"Stay back! Or I'll kill her now." she threatened lifting Fawn up slightly more


"Stop this Jessica. You don't have to do this... Jess" I said lowering my voice "Put her down, you can come back with us, and you don't have to be one of them anymore."


"Shut up John!" She yelled


"Just put her down... please Jess..."


Everything began to feel like it was moving in slow motion. I prayed Jessica would listen to me, but she didn't. She began tighten her grip on Fawn's neck; I knew she'd brake Fawn's neck. I tried to concentrate my energy on Jessica but I was knocked to the ground by another Retter. I looked up hopelessly as the light began to leave Fawn's eyes. "No!" I said but I couldn't tell if I was yelling or not.


Suddenly Jessica's grip on Fawn was released as well as the gun. Jessica's eyes filled with shock as she looked towards her stomach and saw the tip of a knife. Jessica then fell to her knees revealing Noah with a blood covered knife. I had forgotten all about him. His face showed no emotion towards Jessica, instead he ran instantly to Fawn. The Retter that had knocked me to the ground was only feet behind me with a knife lodged in his neck. I slowly made my way towards Jessica who was now laying flat on the ground, when she saw me her brown eyes were the one's that belonged to my old friend. I knelt beside her and took her hand "I'm sorry." She said with much difficulty "I should have stayed with you." She coughed once and I could tell she was fading quickly. I felt a tear roll down my face. She chuckled once "Don't worry John. I'm going to a better place. Might even see my mom and dad. I'm actually excited..." she coughed once and I knew she was gone, her grip had become limp and her eyes stared into a never ending abyss. With my good arm I closed her eye lids for her forever sleep. I wish this could have ended differently, but it was her life or Fawns. I know at least she is in a better place, one where she'll never have to worry about the Retter again.


The rest of the remaining Retter disappeared but I knew they wouldn't be gone long. I stood up and checked the others to make sure they were okay. Other than a few cuts and bruises we were pretty much unharmed other than my gun wound. "Dude we better get that taken care of." Chem said pointing at my shoulder.


I nodded my head "Ya, it kind of hurts."


Noah caught my attention, in his hands he had Fawn (in human form) wrapped in a blanket past out. I instantly walked towards them "Is she okay?"


Noah replied "For the most part. Other than a possible broken rib and a cut that may require stitches she'll be fine."


"Thanks..." I say


"No problem."


I turned back towards the group "Lets go, police will be here soon and the rest of the Retter will return to retrieve the bodies."


They all nodded their heads and began to follow me when Tavin said "We're forgetting someone..."


I then remembered Aaron was still lying on the ground. I heard him mumble something and sit up. Beside me Chem mumbled "Looks like Sleepin Beauty's finally awake."


Aaron shook his head sleepily then looked around him "Whoa, that was some kiss."~


 Tonight would definetly be the last night we stay here, but there was no way we were leaving tonight. Turns out Fawn does have a broken rib and did stitches on her arm. When she woke she was not in a pleasant mood. While we were heading back to the hotel she woke up. She was in the back seat with her head lying on Noah's lap.  "Damn it!" She cursed sitting up, she still had the blanket wrapped around her and had a towel wrapped around her bleeding arm. "I feel like the damn mummy!"


"You do look like the living dead." Aaron chuckled petting Sia.


In unison me, Noah and, Fawn said "Shut up!"


"Calm down!" Aaron said defensively turning away.


Other than that the though the drive back was uneventful minus the fact Tavin almost hit an old lady crossing the street... Last time we let him drive.


Once we were all mended we instantly fell asleep. Fawn, Tiny and Anna shared a bed, Bryn, Twilight and Amber had the couch, I sat in the recliner, due to my shoulder and the rest of the guys just made themselves comfortable anywhere they could find. Before we all fell asleep I turned the TV on to check the local news.  A middle aged man was speaking and of course the news was about us. "Just a few hours ago at a small carnival an attacked occurred. Eye witnesses say many men and woman appeared out of nowhere carrying guns and yelling for them to move away. No one was able to identify these men and women. Not long after they appeared a group of young kids showed up," "I'm not a young kid." Chem said defensively "In the distance witnesses say they heard gun shots and heard strange noises, some say they even saw lightning. When police finally arrived there was no sign of a struggle. Police believe it was just a gang fight that was in the wrong place and wrong time. However if you think you may have information on any of these possible suspects call your local authorities."

“Well look at that! We’re famous!” Aaron said as I turned the TV off.

“Shut up!” We all yelled in unison.

I heard him mumble something and he then remained silent the rest of the night, which I was quite thankfully for because I really wanted to sleep.

I dreamt about Fawn. We were walking down deserted dirt road lined with trees on both sides. We held hands and I could feel light sparks surging through my body. All I wanted to do was be near her. It seemed as if everything on this world didn't matter other than Fawn (Yes I know that's cheesy).  We both stopped and smiled at one another. Her green eyes shined in the sunlight. I placed my hand on her cheek and kissed her softly. "I love you." I said to her running my hand through her red hair. I laid my head on hers, her hair smelled like honey. 


"I love you too." She replied placing her hand on my chest.


We remained silent just listening to the nearby birds chirping happily in the distance. Suddenly the noises all stopped and the sky became dark. I then heard a low chuckled from behind me. "Sorry to burst this nice little bubble." it was Aaron.


"Get out of here." I demanded


"Or what? What could you possibly do to me?" Aaron taunted


I turned to check on Fawn and found she was gone. She was now standing beside Aaron and he had his arm wrapped around her shoulders. "Ha, you can't keep anyone around Spark Plug, first Jessica now Fawn. Who do you think will be next? Hm? I mean you couldn't even keep your parents alive."


"It wasn't my fault..." I mumbled 


Then Aaron's face turned into my fathers. He looked at me with his cold grey eyes "You're the reason me, your mother and your sister are dead! You and your stupid powers killed us all! The Retter should have just killed you. Maybe then we'd still be alive. Instead I was forced to watch strangers brutally torture your mother and sister to death! It's all because of you John."


"No!" I exclaim just as his face disappeared 


It was Jessica standing in front of me "Thanks John for letting me die, if you had just come after me maybe I'd still be alive. You were like my own brother, the only person who was there for me after my parents were killed. Look where I am now! If only you'd come after me..."


"Stop." I pleaded 


Then only Fawn stood in front me. Her eyes were full of hatred "Fawn..." I say as almost a whisper


"Oh Sparky, poor naive Sparky, just you wait I'll leave you just like everyone else in your life. I'll leave one last time and you won't come after me. You know how I know this? It's because you're a coward! To afraid to do anything yourself! You think you are a amazing leader. Are you sure your leading the group the right way? Or will you lead them just to follow me? You should just hear the things they say about you. They think your weak Spark, or should I call you John? Which would you prefer? Face it Sparky no one cares about you, not me or any of the group. Did I say especially me?"


My body was shaking "Stop it,"


"Or what Sparky?" She asked stepping towards me "Shock me to death? I doubt it." Once close enough she placed her hands on my chest "Well Spark? What are you going to do?" She shoved me back causing me to fall to the ground. As I was about to hit the ground I woke up drenched in sweat. 


"Are you okay?"


I nearly jumped out of the recliner. I looked up and saw Fawn giving me a concerned look. I cursed as I straightened back up, I had forgotten about my shoulder. "Yeah..." I replied "I just had a bad dream, that's all."


"I could tell." She said "You were nearly yelling."


"What did I say?"


"Nothing that really made sense, I know you said my name..."


I then thought about my dream It was just a dream.. "Do you wanna talk about it?" she asked


"No." I answered shortly


She nodded and threw a donut at me. "Where are the others?" I asked taking a bite from the powdery food.


"They all went out to eat. They'll be back soon don't worry." she reassured as I began to get up.


I paused a moment then said "Will you tell me something?"


"Depends." she replied with a grin


I kept my serious tone and began "You told me last night that you didn't deserve me. Why did you say that?"


She looked away and I knew this wouldn't be good. "It's nothing Spark... I didn't know what I was thinking..."


I grabbed her hand "Fawn please don't lie to me."


She sighed and I saw tears fill her eyes "When Aaron borrowed me yesterday we did more than just talked..."


I released her hand and jumped to my feet, ignoring the searing pain in my shoulder. I knew exactly what they had done. I didn't know whether to be more mad at her or at Aaron. Aaron. This is the last straw with him. "Where is he? I will kill him now."


"Spark no!" She begged reaching out for me.


Unintentionally I shocked her causing her to move away quickly. "Spark don't do this! It was just as much my fault as it was his!"


I continued to ignore her and slammed out of the room. He was outside leaning against the hotel building. It took all the power in me not to burn him to a crisp right here and now. Aaron must of heard me because he looked over and grinned "Well look who's finally up." when I didn't reply his grin disappeared "What the hells going on?"


Without replying I shoved him up against the wall. "Spark!" Fawn yelled running towards us.


Aaron exhaled loudly "Wait a second! What's going?"


I tightened my grip "What do you think?"

"Honestly Spark Plug I have no idea what you're talking about..." he said

"So you just conveniently don't remember how you took away Fawn yesterday? Because obviously you two got pretty familiar."

He got a confused look on his face then it turned into surprise "Damn... You mean like we made out or something?" he then shrugged his shoulders "Oh well, yeah Spark Plug your girl and I made out. It was probably awesome too."


I threw him to the ground and punched him in the face. I felt the wound on my shoulder rip open and it had begun to bleed again, but I didn't care though. Aaron grabbed my fist just as I was about to hit him again. He twisted my arm causing me to jump back. After fighting for nearly five minutes, Aaron and I were separated. Holding me back was Sonic and Noah, while Tavin and Chem had Aaron. "What on earth is going on?" Chem asked"Nothing." I replied quickly. Everyone stood around us and stared waiting for me to say something else. "Let's get the hell out of here." I say motioning to the cars. I really wasn't in any mood to continue this conversation anymore.


As everyone, except Aaron who had headed for the car, went inside to grab what little things they had I felt Fawn's grasp on my arm. "Spark just wait,"
"What more could you possibly have to say to me?" I snapped


She let go of my arm instantly "I'm sorry Spark."


"Yeah whatever." I replied coldly. The expression on her face made me feel guilty for speaking to her this way. I'm not sure if all my anger is from what she told me or from what she had said in my dream even though none of that was truly from her.


"Spark please!" She cried out


I shook my head and headed for the car. "Don't worry about it." I heard Noah say.


I stopped and looked back and saw Noah with his hands on Fawn's shoulders. Without even thinking about what would happen if I said "Why don't you just go make out with him too?"


Fawn gave me a disgusted look "You asshole!" She yelled. I watched as she stormed off to the other car. I saw her bring her hand towards her face and I knew she was trying to wipe away her tears. "Just you wait I'll leave you just like everyone else in your life."


I began to go after but was stopped by Noah "If I were you I'd leave her alone." he said


"Yeah, but you're not so bud out." I replied continuing to follow Fawn. I caught up to her just as she began to open the car door. I closed it and took her arm "Fawn I didn't mean what I said."


She glared at me her eyes were red and puffy  "I'm sure. Now go away."


"Fawn don't."


"No, I know you think I'm slut who will take whatever I can get."


"Fawn that is not true!" I say


"Uh huh, now leave me alone! I tried apologizing to you and this is how you treat me! I'm tired of people acting like I'm dirt!" She shoved me back and got into the car sitting beside Aaron's dog.


I exhaled loudly. I should be the one the most upset! I mean the person I care about most went behind my back and hurt me, but yet I feel like I honestly hurt her more. I doubt things between the two of us will ever be the same way. We have argued a lot but never like this. I couldn't apologize to her though, I am too mad. Just the mere thought of Aaron and Fawn together made me want to explode or electrocute Aaron.

"What is taking them so long?" I said to myself. They had been in the hotel for nearly ten minutes. I guess I should go check on them. As I began to go inside I heard voices around the corner of the building. "We can't say anything to him?" it was Chem

"We can't just let Aaron run around though!" Sonic said "For all we know he could  be the one who led on the attack at the carnival!"

I hadn't even thought of that...

"Look, we don't know that though for all we know this could be a whole misunderstanding." Chem replied

"But what if it's not? For all we know he could be sending the Retter here right now?" Sonic argued

This had gone on for long enough. "What the hells going on?" I demanded showing myself to them

They all gave me panicked stares "Way to go genius." Chem said sarcastically to Sonic

"So are you going to explain this to me or not?" I asked

All of them looked at Chem "Oh come on guys!" he then saw my unamused face "Okay well I guess it's now or never."~

No comments:

Post a Comment