Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tavin/Fawn 14

Tavin:
“Wait a second! There is no way I’m going to get his cell phone!” I yelled as we sat in our room. I was just getting comfortable with Aaron gone (at least for the moment) and now Chem and Sonic have this crazy idea that I’ll go out and get Aaron’s phone.
“We voted on it already.” Chem said with a large grin
“Spark wouldn’t want me to do this.” I replied even though I don’t honestly know if that’s true or not. Spark had gone out saying he had to go call Rick and then he was going to take a look around town. Sonic had tried to go with Spark but Spark wanted to go alone. Though of course Fawn followed after him anyways, they have been gone for almost half an hour now.
“Spark’s not here.” Sonic added “Besides with your powers you could just control him and have him hand over the phone.”
“No way! Aaron will wring my neck!” I argued. I looked over at Amber and Anna whom were both watching trying to keep from laughing. That didn’t make me feel any better.
Chem and Sonic exchanged looks with one another, nodding their heads. They both approached me grabbing my arms and lifting me to my feet. “Let me go!” I exclaimed. I tried to calm my thoughts so I could make them stop but I wasn’t able to.
I found myself face first on the ground. They had thrown me out of the room! I laid there a moment until I saw a pair of boots standing in front of me. I tilted my head up and saw a man with graying hair and a gray mustache giving me a not very amused look. He was wearing a black suit and had a clipboard in his hands. “Why is it that the young obnoxious people check in here? Always making a mess and causing trouble! They never make my life any simpler.” He must be one of the head honcho’s “Can I help you?” He asked his voice sounded very congested.
“Ummmm.” I began standing up “No, sorry for the inconvenience.” I turned my back to him and headed for exit.
The managers last thought shocked me “That boy looks the one I saw on the news… Hmm.”
I stopped suddenly.  I wouldn’t be in the news. Gary doesn’t care enough. What about Gail though? Or people at school? I shook my head and tried not to shake the thought out of my head. It’s better off that I’m missing.
As I walked out the exit doors I saw the car and I saw Aaron lying in the front seat fast asleep. I shook my head and mumbled “Can’t believe I’m doing this.” I stood next to the van and debated if I should just go back now. If Aaron wakes up and finds me with his phone he’ll engulf me in his shadow friends! Just having the shadows near me was bad enough. I sighed and slowly opened the door. I could see his phone! Only problem he had his hand wrapped around it. I silently cursed and tried to think of something I could do. I stared at his hand and concentrated. Maybe it would work? I nearly jumped with excitement and shock when his hand did open revealing his phone. Some days I sure loved my powers! I carefully took the phone from his hand and began to close the door when I had another idea. Maybe I’d try and see what he was dreaming about… He’d get pissed if he knew, but oh well. I tried to pry into his head and the first thing I saw was Fawn, she was smiling at him and was telling him to come get her, as he got closer to her  image started to fade and her voice was more of an echo. Soon a black mist seemed to encircle me. My head felt like it was spinning. I was having a hard time breathing. I broke the connections while losing my balance and falling to the cement.
Aaron jumped and looked around trying to catch his breath. I wish I was able to turn invisible like Casper. The glare Aaron gave me could make little kids cry. “You little asshole!” he yelled jumping out of the car just as I got to my feet. “You’re dead Tavin!”
I held on to the phone for dear life and ran as fast as my feet could take me. “Aaron!” I panted as I ran through the hotel “Just stop!”
“Not until you’re dead kid!” he replied
We got many strange looks from people as we past them. I was too afraid to stop and explain though. I saw I was just about to pass our room and standing in the doorway was Chem. “Take this!” I yelled tossing the phone towards him. He caught it with a surprised look on his face, I had hoped Aaron would have stopped and go after him instead but of course not. I also added “Help!”
Aaron was now fairly far behind me, I was a pretty fast runner. I was told to join the cross country team I was more concerned about grades though and not getting killed by John. Aaron yelled something but I turned around a corner running straight into the hotel manager. “Watch it!” the man said taking hold of my arm
“I’m sorry, but I really have to go.” I gasped
“You were just the one I was looking for.” He said “The police are here to talk to you.”
I began to panic “What? Why? I swear I didn’t do anything wrong!”
“Don’t worry we’ll get you home Tavin.” The man said calmly beginning to lead me away
“Uh, you have the wrong person. My names not Tavin.” I lied
“Come with me, the police would still like to talk to you.”
“Ben!” Aaron’s voice came from behind us. He jogged up to us and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. “Sorry sir but why are you taking my brother?”
The man raised his eyebrows “This is your brother?”
Aaron grinned squeezing my shoulder tighter “Oh course, can’t you see the resemblance?”
“I um, well I guess so…”
“Then you’ll be letting me and my brother get on our ways then?” Aaron asked
The manager released his grip on my arm but said “The police would probably like to confirm this, it won’t be any trouble.”
Aaron mumbled in my ear “Okay now would be a good time to use your mumbo jumbo mind crap.”
I nodded my head and locked eyes with the manager “You are going to go out to the lobby and explain to the police that you were mistaken and that they should leave.”
The man nodded his head “Okay…” he turned away and disappeared down the hall.
“You can let me go now.” I said to Aaron who was now leading me the opposite way of our room
“Oh come on Ben we need to go spend some brotherly time together.” He chuckled
“If this was about your phone Sonic and Chem made me do it.”
“Oh I don’t care about that…”  he interrupted
“Then what is it?”
“Did you see my dream?”
His question shocked me. He could see it on my face too.
“So you did see it?”
“I, um, no,” I stammered
“Liar!” he said slamming me against the wall “Now tell me, what did you see?”
There was no use continuing to lie to him “I saw Fawn…”
“And?”
“Then everything became black. I didn’t see anything else I swear!.. Can you let me go now?”
He actually let me go “You’re safe for now, as long as you don’t tell anyone. And I mean anyone.” He then walked towards the exit “If they ask where I am, tell them I said it’s none of their damn business.”
“Whatever.” I mumbled heading back to the room.ƒ
“He’s crazy!” Amber exclaimed after I explained everything that had happened minus me seeing his dream.
“Well if it weren’t for Sonic and Chem,” I said glaring at them “I wouldn’t have been in this mess.”
“Hey guys come here.” Tiny called
We all went towards the T.V and saw that the news was on. “Search for 18 year Tavin Blair is still underway. Police say he’s possibly been kidnapped but no suspects have been identified yet. Student’s at his high school all shocked by his disappearance. After an interview with one of his co-workers, Gail Daniels, she said “Tavin is a good kid; he is almost like a grandson to me. Tavin isn’t the type to just pick up and leave. He is very focused with school and I know he wants to become a teacher. I just want to say, if you’re watching this Tavin we’re looking for you and won’t give up hope.” The only family Tavin has is his uncle Gary Blair who had this to say about his missing nephew “He’s probably just run off. He’ll be back sooner or later when he’s broke and hungry.” If you have any information about Tavin call your local authorities.” A picture of me was then on the screen with different information with it.
The news then went to commercial. We all stood or sat in silence. I was actually missing? I was going to have to be more careful when I went places. Seeing my picture on that screen brought up a lot of feelings I had tried to ignore. I wasn’t going to ever go back to school, or see Gail or even Gary. As much as I hated the man he was the only family I ever had. On the bright side I didn’t ever have to see John and his monkeys.  
Chem then went back to finding the number that called on Aaron’s phone, Sonic decided to call for Chinease and the others flipped through channels.
I felt a tap on my shoulder and saw Bryn looking at me “Can I talk to you?”
I nodded my head and followed her. She led me into the bedroom. “I thought you should know…” she said softly
“Know what?” I asked
She paused a moment then said “How your parents died…”
“What? They died in a car accident when I was five.” I replied shaking my head
“No,” she began sitting on the bed and taking my hand “They were killed by the Retter.”
I gave her a disgusted look “No! They died in a car accident!”
“Tavin just listen, your parent’s were killed like every other Chosen’s. They wanted to capture you early and raise you as one of them. You see the Retter usual wait until you’re around 15 to find you because that’s when your powers begin to come. You were different Tavin, a few the Retter disguised themselves as regular human families in your neighborhood.  They saw how your powers were already expressing themselves. They knew if they raised you they could use as an ultimate weapon.”
“This is crazy.” I say beginning to stand up.
“Wait Tavin, I need to finish this.” I sat back down and nodded my head. “You could almost say they were killed in a car accident. One day, your birthday to be exact, you and your family were returning from a trip to the zoo and the Retter decided to strike. Pretending to have a flat tire a Retter got your parents to stop. They pulled over and as your father helped the woman change a tire, your mother screamed as she was sent flying towards a nearby ditch. Your father instantly went after her but was sent into a ditch as well. Leaving you in your car seat crying for help.”
“How though? What did that to them?” I asked my voice quivering
She sighed “One of the people they tried to help was another Chosen, a rogue Chosen as I would call them. He had been raised by the Retter and was very powerful. Your parent’s had no chance. Only moments after they were in the ditch and you were taken out of the car, the car was sent into the ditch on top of your parents.”
My body was trembling. “What happened to me?”
“The rogue had you in his arms trying to decide what to do with you, when you suddenly stopped crying and stared into his eyes and said “Put me down. Go away you bad person and never come back.” He then did exactly what you told them to do. No one ever learned what ever happened to him.”
“What about the other Retters?”
“You told them to go away as well and they listened. They were later found wondering somewhere near Canada.”
“Then what happened?”
“A car soon drove by and found you on the side of the road crying. They said you must have been thrown out of the vehicle coming out uncared miraculously. You know the rest of the story.” I was then sent live with Gary and that’s how I got here.
Tears flowed from my eyes “How do you know this?” I managed to ask
She looked away and replied “Because the Retter you sent away were my parents.” She continued before I could say anything “Before I was tested on I was sent to kill you.” She must have been able to see my shock from my expression. “My parents killed yours, I was meant to kill you.”
My body tensed.
“Tavin, I’m not anymore. I swear I know now what the Retter truly are, they are blood thirsty murderers.”
“Why are you telling me this?”
“I thought you had the right to know.” She replied
I didn’t know how to feel. “Thanks,” I said standing up. Before she could say anymore I left the room at almost a run. 
“Tavin!” I heard someone yell, but I didn’t stop until I was out of the hotel. I just didn’t know what to think. All my life I thought my parents died in a hit and run accident and now I find out they were killed by the Retter, no they were killed by another Chosen. I walked around the corner of the building so no one could see me. I leaned against the building and felt my legs buckle underneath me. Tears were still falling from my eyes and I tried to wipe them away on my sleeve.
“Tavin?”
I looked up and saw Amber coming towards me.
“You okay?” she asked sitting beside me
“Not really.” I replied. I felt so stupid sitting here crying.
She placed her hand on my leg and half smiled at me “You wanna talk about it?”
I sighed then explained to her what Bryn had told me. When I was finished Amber’s grip had tightened. “I’m so sorry Tavin.”
I shrugged my shoulders “It’s good to know what really did happen.”
She moved closer to me and wrapped her arms awkwardly around me. It felt nice to have someone close to me. Being a loner all your life makes you very accepting of affection of any kind. We both turned our heads when we heard footsteps approaching us. We both relaxed when it was only Anna. Her face was covered in sadness. “Did you hear everything?” I asked
She nodded her head and sat on the other side of me “I’m sorry for everything that happened Tavin.”
“Thanks…” I mumbled running my hand through my short hair
 Anna hesitated a moment then said “Just think once this is all over we can all go home and everything will be normal again. We can go back to our family.”
“What family?” I snapped “Go back to my uncle who could really care less about me? And friends? Yeah right I’ll go back and be all buddy buddy with John and his asshole friends!”
Even with Anna’s shocked look and Amber’s firm grip on my leg I continued. “It’s not like I have family to go back to!” I yelled as I rose to my feet. The other two did the same. “Though you know what? I’d rather have a drunken uncle than a murdering father!”
I felt a hard slap across my face, Anna shoved past me trying to hide her tear filled eyes. “I thought you were different Tavin! But no you are just like every other guy I meet.” She called out as she left.
Amber gave me a disappointed look “You didn’t have to do that Tavin…” and followed after Anna, leaving me all alone. I put my hand on my cheek which still stung from Anna’s slap. What had I just done? I can’t believe I just did that to Anna! She was one of the people that was nicest to me and I just treated her like garbage. She wouldn’t ever forgive me.
I decided to go back to the room even though I didn’t want to face Anna. As I walked I noticed Noah standing near the van talking on a cell phone.  “Yeah I got it. Don’t worry about it, I have everything taken care of. Mhm, mhm. Don’t worry they won’t get away.” He then shut his phone and saw me walking by. “Tavin?”
I stopped and acted like I was surprised that I had seen him. Noah jogged up to me “Man you look like shit.”
“Thanks…”
“I take it you were part of the drama including Anna?”
I nodded my head
“Don’t worry about it. She’ll get over it.”
“I don’t know, I think I really hurt her.” I said
“Trust me, she’ll forgive you.” He replied with a grin “You better get inside before all the foods gone.”
“What about you?” I ask
He shook his head “No way, Spark’s back and he’s not happy. I don’t want to be around when he explodes.”
“Fawn’s not with him?”
“Nope, and Spark won’t say where she is. So if I had to guess she’s somewhere getting herself in trouble. Now go inside.”
“Okay.” I replied walking away. Noah seemed like a good guy, but he only seemed like one. Something about him wasn’t right. I wonder what his call was about. I couldn’t hear his thoughts either, it’s almost like he knew I would try and listen and blocked me out. No, that wouldn’t be possible… Would it?ƒ

Fawn:
“Where are we going?” I asked as Spark and I walked down a crowded street.
“You’ll see.” He smiled. I was surprised to see him actually smile. Just to see him happy was rare in itself. Even stranger was that he wanted to go out with just the two of us. It made me think of how things used to be.  I honestly don’t know the last time we actually had time with each other. Being here brings back a lot of old memories from when I was young. My parents and I would come down here to visit my grandma every summer. I could picture that old house of Grandma’s. It was a light blue color with white trim and had a white picket fence. Then there were her prized daffodils which were the prettiest yellow color I’d ever seen. To this day daffodils are my favorite type of flower and every time I see them I think of my wonderful grandma. My grandmother died a year before my parents and we never came down here again. I came back a few years ago and found her house was torn down, the daffodils with it.
I felt Spark’s arm go around my waist as he stopped. We were standing in front of an old restaurant. Why did this place seem to familiar? “Why are we…” I started to ask when I realized where we were. “Oh my goodness! Spark, how did you remember?” I knew exactly why this place was familiar! We came here when it was just the two of us. It was the first time we became more than partners.
He held the door open for me and as I passed him he whispered in my ear “I have good memory.”
I grinned at him then walked into the dimly lit room. Nothing had seemed to change here, the old lame music, the candle lit tables, the servers in their silly costumes. I found a booth in the corner of the room and we sat across from each other. A waitress wearing bright neon colored clothes brought us our water. We decided what to eat and ordered.
I traced my finger around Spark’s hand and said “You’re becoming soft on me Spark.”
“Thought I’d do something nice for you.” He replied grinning
“What would the others think?”
“I don’t care.”
“You sure? I’d hate for them to think their leader was a softy.”
“They don’t need to know.”
“I think they were suspicious.”
“Let them be.”
“Twilight won’t be happy.”
“Doesn’t make any difference to me.”
“Uh huh, I’m sure.”
“I mean it.”
“Yep…”
Spark gave me a serious look, “It’s true Fawn. Twilight may be… helpful… but she couldn’t replace you.”
 We were both silent until I said “I’m surprised you remembered this place… I mean I almost forgot about it…” I admitted
“How could I forget?” he chuckled taking my hand in his. He leaned across the table and kissed me softly on the lips.
When he pulled away I asked “What was that for?”
He shrugged his shoulders “I thought I’d show my appreciation for you.”
I laughed and looked away. I scanned the people in the room, after years of watching for Retter it becomes a daily habit. Everyone seemed normal, the restaurant was relatively empty other than a family of four and an old elderly couple. I wonder if that will ever be me one day. To grow old… it seemed like it would never happen. It made me think of how perfect this moment was and how I knew it wouldn’t last. In reality we had much more important things to take care of. “Spark?” I said looking back at him.
“Yeah?”
“Do you think this will ever be over? I mean will we ever have a normal life?”
“What do you consider normal? The word normal doesn’t really fall in our category.”
I rolled my eyes “You know what I mean.”
He sighed “To be honest? I don’t think we’ll ever have a ‘normal’ life. If people like us are still around then people like them will be too.”
I nodded my head in reply. I looked into his gray eyes that were looking straight back into mine. “Fawn I want you to know something.”
“Which is?”
“You are one of the most important people in my life. I honestly don’t know what would have happened had I never met you.”
Before he could continue anymore I leaned across the table and locked lips with him. This time the kiss was more intense. I felt a spark go through my body causing the hairs on my arms to rise. “If you keep that up you might catch mono.”
We split apart instantly and saw Aaron standing at the edge of the booth. How the hell did he find us here? “You going to let me sit down or are you going to continue staring at me?” he asked not waiting for a reply and sat closely to me.
“How’d you know we were here?” Spark asked, I could hear the annoyance in his voice
He shrugged his shoulders “I was passing by and thought I’d stop to get a bite to eat and just so happens you were here as well.”
The waitress then appeared with our orders and smiled directly at Aaron “Oh, is there anything I could get you sir?”
He replied the smile and winked at her “No thanks Sweetheart.”
“Okay, if you need anything let me know.” She said blushing not even noticing us.
When she left I shook my head and started to eat. Aaron grabbed the spare fork and took a bite of my pasta. I rolled my eyes “I thought you didn’t want anything.”
He shrugged “I didn’t, but your food looked good.”
We all remained silent as we ate, Aaron continuing to eat my food. It seemed the farther away I tried to sit from him the closer he got. I could see the jealousy in Spark’s eyes the entire time. Had we not been in a public place I think Aaron would have been electrocuted a long time ago.
“Do the others know you’re here?” Aaron asked
Spark and I exchanged looks and didn’t answer him.
“So I’d take that as a no? Show’s how good of a leader you are.” Aaron said looking at Spark
Spark flew to his feet and Aaron did likewise. The two stared face to face “You have no room to talk.” Spark growled sparks coming from his hands.
“Oh yeah Spark Plug?”
I jumped up before the two could start physically fighting. Everyone in the room was already giving us nervous glances. “Will you two knock it off?” I mumbled standing between the two.
“Tell Spark Plug to cool his jets then.” Aaron snapped
“Shut up Aaron.” I said interrupting Spark
“I’m done.”  Spark said throwing his hands in the air. He took out his wallet and threw money onto the table. As he started to walk away he looked back at me “Are you coming with me or not?”
I looked at him then back to Aaron “Sorry Aaron.” I told him then started to follow Spark.
Aaron hand reached out for mine and he pulled me back towards him. Spark glared at Aaron when Aaron pulled me close to him. I attempted to break away from him his grip tightened. He grinned at me then whispered in my ear “Hold on.”
Darkness then surrounded us. All feeling of the ground beneath us gone and my balance was failing. All I knew was that Aaron was with me. I gripped on to his arm as tightly as possible. I heard Aaron chuckle and I wanted to punch him but at the moment I wasn’t letting go of him.
“You can open your eyes now.”  He laughed
I opened my eyes slowly. I had finally regained my balance and was able to let go of Aaron. I let my eyes wander in the area we were in. We were in a forest near a small pond, I could hear frogs chirping in the distance. My eyes finally came back to Aaron who seemed to be thinking of something deeply about something. I hit him hard on the chest “What the hell Aaron?”
“That’s the thanks I get from getting you out of the boring place?”
“It wasn’t boring!”
“Looked boring.”
“You would know.”
“I would know.”
I exhaled loudly and stepped back from him “Can you explain to me what you did back there?”
He ran his hand through his hair “Well I told you I’d show you how I got to you guys so quickly.”
“You transport through shadows.” I said almost as a question
He nodded his head “Guess you could say that.”
I hit him again
“Hey! What did I do that time?”
“You could have given me warning!”
“And let you run back to Spark? I don’t think so.”
Spark! I left him in the restaurant! “Aaron! Why did you do this? Spark is going to be so upset!”
“As if I care.” I replied crossing his arms.
I exhaled softly. Would those two ever get along? “Okay seriously, why did you bring me out here?”
“Well I thought since Spark got his alone time I should get mine.” He answered with a grin
“You sound like a two year old wanting his toy.”
“At least I’m cool two year old.”
I rolled my eyes and sat in the tall grass.  Aaron sat as well and made himself comfortable “Well, since you asked me questions is it my turn to ask my own?”
“Sure,” I replied
He thought a moment then asked “Back in Oregon why did you come to help me after the Retter shot me?”
I bit my lip. I didn’t think he’d ask me something like that. “I guess it was because you were hurt and I felt the need to help you and I didn’t want to see the Retter capture you.”
“I’m guessing you’re afraid of water as well?” he asked smirking
“Everyone’s afraid of something… What about you Mr. Cool Guy? What are you afraid of?”
He turned his head away from me and sat in silence for a moment. I expected him to say he was afraid of nothing but his answer shocked me. “If we’re being completely honest, and if this gets out to any of the others I will come after you…” he paused a second then said quietly “I have a small fear of the dark…”
“The dark? But why?”
“Picture this Fawn, imagine your 13 years old and this is the time in life you starting to learn who’ll be and when you grow up and face your fears. But not me, instead I was still afraid of the dark, something you usually grow out of, but I didn’t get that luxury, everywhere I go they are there. I’ve learned to accept them now, rather helpful at times, other times though they are a curse.”
I placed my hand on his to try and comfort him. Even as he spoke I could feel something surround us, the shadows… No wonder Aaron was so afraid to go into Noah’s underground tunnel. “I’m sorry Aaron.”
“It’s not a big deal. Like you said, everyone’s afraid of something… So I guess it’s my turn to ask a question?”
I nodded my head in reply
“What about your family? I haven’t heard anything about them.”
“And that’s how it will stay.” I replied quickly. I hated talking about my past. I don’t want to reopen old wounds.
“Does Noah know?” he asked
I gave him a surprised look “What?”
“You heard me. I’m sure Spark knows, but what about Noah?” his eyes told me he was completely serious.
“Yeah he does know…” I responded trying to hide my embarrassment.
Aaron took his hand away from mine. “Why don’t you trust me Fawn?”
“I never said I didn’t!”
“No, but you implied it!”
We sat there and glared at one another. I wouldn’t admit it but I don’t know if I completely trust him or not. The old woman’s words rang through my head “Watch for the one with the bright eyes! He is not your friend.”
After a few more minutes he finally asked “Well are you going to tell me or not?”
“What’s there to tell?” I said defensively “They were killed by the Retter when I was 15. I left my old life behind me and later found Spark. Then our group grew up until the day I left.”
“Why did you leave?”
That question was too hard to answer. I felt my eyes water up and I shook my head trying to tell him I wouldn’t answer. He seemed to understand and he put his hand gently on my back. Even with the uncertainty of me trusting him it felt nice to have him near me. I laughed and rubbed my eyes “That was embarrassing.”
“Don’t worry about it. No one’s gotta know.”
I grinned “Yeah guess so… Can I ask you about your family?”
“I guess so,” he replied sarcastically “Hm, where do I start with my family? Well I’ll start with what you know, you know my brother, Terence and his wife and son. My mom’s an artist, she loves to paint her favorite thing is flowers.  She also makes the best chocolate chip cookies. You’d have to try some sometime… I haven’t seen her in eight years… I don’t want to risk the Retter even to know she’s alive. I love my mom very much even for how much she didn’t understand me. Then there’s my dad, he’s a lawyer, I think. I haven’t seen him since I was 15. You see my parents decided to get a divorce on my fourteenth birthday. Terence and I would get a card here and there but nothing more, I actually think my dad got married a while ago. So basically that’s my messed up family for you. When I was 18 I left after the Retter found me, I hadn’t gone home since.”
“At least you have a home to go to.” I said. I couldn’t help but envy him, to just know you have family living and breathing would be amazing for me.
“Oh jeeze Fawn. I’m sorry.” He said rubbing his hand across my back
“Nah, don’t worry about it. I was at least fortunate enough to have 15 years with my parents. They were amazing.”
“Would you like to tell me why?”
“I don’t see why not.” I replied “How do I describe my mother? Well she was one of the nicest people you could ever meet, until of course you got on her bad side which she rarely showed. Every day after school she would be waiting at the door to welcome me home and ask me how my day was. Whenever it was a bad she would tell me stories of things that happened to her like that when she was younger.” I paused a moment. I could picture my mom with her red hair and green eyes that were like mine. “Then there was my dad, I remember when he would take me out fishing with him on weekends, I can still smell his cigar that he would always smoke while reading the newspaper. My dad worked for a bank and was often gone at work, my mom and I used to sit on the porch and wait for him every day at 6. Then we would always make dinner together, I usually got the easy jobs like mashing the potatoes just because I had and still have no skill in cooking… My life was almost perfect you could say, as perfect as a family could get, up until the day the Retter found my parents…” I ended it with that not wanting to let my emotions show anymore.  “I hate all this emotional crap!”
“Same here, but you’re the one who started it.”
“Did not!”
“You did so!” he laughed
“Did not!” I replied pushing him back on his back while laughing.
Aaron then had me pinned to the ground in seconds “What are you gunna do now Kitty?” he asked with a large grin on his face
Without giving me any time to realize what was going to happen Aaron’s lips were locked onto mine. I sat up silently and wrapped my arms around his neck. This is kiss was a lot different than the ones before, the ones before were just a joke to pass us off as a couple. This time it was serious. I completely ignored the guilt building in my stomach. I shouldn’t be doing this right now. Spark would hate me for life if he knew and he’d probably kill Aaron. I like this though; Aaron made me feel different than how Spark makes me feel. His hands rubbed up and down my back as the kiss continued. Aaron’s shirt soon made its way to the ground. I rubbed my hands against his chest as the kiss continued.
Suddenly a large crack of snapping twigs came from behind us. We jumped apart instantly and prepared for who knows what. My heart was still racing as I searched for whoever broke the silence. Moments later I heard Aaron laughing. “What?” I asked
He pointed and I couldn’t help but laugh as well. It was young buck coming to get a drink of water. “Looks like I’ve got more competition.” Aaron chuckled while picking up his shirt and putting it back on. “We better get going Bambi, the others might get worried.”
I sighed, I honestly didn’t want to go back to reality.[

No comments:

Post a Comment